Over 4000 people in West Berkshire benefit from a free NHS Health Check each year.
- If you are between 40 and 74, you’ll be offered a free NHS Health Check once every five years
- The check could help you reduce your risk of developing heart disease, stroke, diabetes, kidney disease and certain types of dementia
- These conditions can often be prevented, even if you have a family history of them
- It only takes 20-30 minutes and involves a few questions and measurements, including a simple blood test to check your cholesterol
- After the check you will receive free personalised advice to help you stay healthy
- Please ask your GP practice for more information